Hi guys! To the people who requested that I show a full photo of my desk, here it is (plus some tips that might help! HEHE)
If you’ve been following my blog 3 years ago, you would know that my family and I moved to a different house so that explains why you don’t see my super pink room anymore! CLICK HERE to see how my desk looked like before!
As you can see from the photo above, I have an orange-y desk (because it’s my fave color!) plus a lot of panda stuff (i hope this isn’t a surprise anymore, hehe). This desk was actually custom-made to my liking because I really wanted to have an L-shaped desk so I have space to draw and put all the stuff I want! However, the architect wasn’t really able to pull off the huge desk that I wanted so he made something similar to where you put the desktop keyboard in, but bigger, to serve as my drawing workspace. And to my surprise, I actually liked it. HAHA.
So for those who are moving in to a new home or redecorating their room, I hope these tips and photos could help and inspire you!
I’m not saying that you need to have all these things to be organized but these are the things that work for me!
- Colored Pens: I need need needthem whenever I’m studying because I like to write little notes on the sides of my readings since it helps me understand the lesson better. Summarising a block of paragraph I’ve just read allows me to actually interact with the text instead of just lightly breezing through it.
- Sticky Notes and Memo Pads: I use my memo pads for two things! One, to write some important details that I have to remember whenever I’m working on something. Two, I sometimes use them as flash cards to help me memorize stuff! On the other hand, I have my beloved sticky notes to mark important pages and sections of my 1. readings for school (because they’re a lot), 2. planner (because I tend to forget important reminders) and 3. fiction books I read (because I love to reread those cheesy and romantic moments, huhu).
- GEL, METALLIC AND FABRIC PENS: I used to use the a lot when I was in high school but I’ve never really got to write with them anymore when I entered college because of the lack of art-related projects. And, if there is anything art-related, most of profs require them to be digital. Oh well, maybe I could try using them as another medium for my drawing sometimes!
- RANDOM STUFF: This bunch includes my scissors, earphones, unpin pens, mechanical pencil and bookmarks. I honestly consider these things as my top desk essentials.
- Always have a lamp on your desk because it’ll be really helpful to you, especially to your eyes! Whenever you’re studying, your head tends to block the light coming from above. And reading in the dark is never a good thing! To spare yourself from developing a poor eyesight, it’s very important that you have a lamp on your desk whenever you’re reading a book, writing, or drawing at night time!
- Put the things you need the most in a spot where you could easily grab them without having to bump on other stuff. In my desk, I have my main mug where in I put ballpens, pencils and highlighters. It’s also important that you have a small trash can on top or below your desk to lessen the paper clutter!
- You can actually use your cork board as a hanger of other things you need if you don’t know where to put them anymore or you want to have them in a place you could easily access. As you can see, I placed push pins at the bottom of my cork board and hanged an elastic band, some notes for my org, design ideas and other stuff.
- As for my TO-DO LISTS and DAILY REMINDERS, what I would do is write them on different colored memo pads (depending on the agenda/date), then I’ll just put them on top of each other! It really helps me to NOT FORGET and go out of track because I always get reminded of the job that needs to be done!
My top shelves include stuff like:
- Self-help books (and if you can see, I’m actually starting to read some Management books, hehe)
- Memory boxes, which contain all those random stuff you get from school plus gifts from friends, pasalubongs, name tags, and even memorable test papers (LOL).
- ART Books because even though I’m not a Fine Arts student, I do think that I need these goodies in my life!
If you have any questions on where I bought some stuff, etc, feel free to Tumblr Ask Me! (Don’t be anonymous so I could reply privately!)